Monday, September 9, 2019

Flow demoed at Smalltalks2014

 In November 5, 6 and 7th I was at Smalltalks2014 where I presented a talk about Startups and Smalltalk that mentions flow.
I want to say a thanks to the organizers for having me there to bring this topic that gave me the opportunity to share this information among many Smalltalk enthusiasts, but also because I met new friends and found some old ones.
One common theme I've found: I had many great and deep conversations with lots of them. There is something fundamental that is interesting about this technology that seems to make people to be really conscious and thoughtful.
Special thanks to Esteban Maringolo for being a great roommate and pal; to Facundo Vozzi for having big laughs and teaching me about new beers; to Boris Shingarov for deep technical talks about Cathedral's organs and going from the Plank Scale to the Cosmos in half second; to Andrés Valloud for being that pre-adolescent friend sharing games in floppy disks in the 90's rediscovered twenty years later presenting the notion of "the kid's play is the man's work"; to Peter Hatch for amazing deep chats and World Conquer plans and talking about George Carlin!; to Allen and Rebeca Wirsf-Brock for great long chats and being part of this Smalltalk invention and making JavaScript better; to Juan Vuletich for helping to figure out "what should be maximized?" when using Metcalfe's Law and to James Foster that so kindly showing me a fantastic way to work with Gemstone/S.
Thank you guys!!!
As you can see in the slides of the talk, one of the topics is Single Page Applications and flow is actually quite on topic about that. At the end of the day, it was the "Show your projects" section and I demoed flow in about 10 minutes.
It was nicely received and the video of that might actually get published eventually. I'll share it as soon as I have news on that. One thing that is worth mentioning is that, with Esteban Maringolo, we're actually thinking making a Mapless adaptor to Postgres and with the fantastic work of Sebastian Hiedbrink we had a pre-alpha of flow in Gemstone/S.
Can you feel the power?
Excited?
We are!
Here are some photos
Peter Hatch giving his talk about Virtual Machines, Critical Thinking and Reliability
Andrés Valloud and me "twenty years later"
Thanks to Esteban Maringolo for noticing that FAST has its own Chris Anderson in Hernán Wilkinson from 10Pines. You almost can notice how he is mesmerized by Nicolás Papagna's TED-style talk☺
From left to right: Esteban Maringolo, Jannik Laval, Sebastian Sastre, Adam Jacques, Prof. John Sarkela, Josh Fridstorm, Kurt Kilpela and

No comments:

Post a Comment